Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Whatever It Faces and Wherever It Leads...

Sometimes we just gotta go with the flow. We are who we choose to be, a thought based off the fact that through our actions we decide who we ultimately become in this life. Joseph B. Wirthland is quoted as saying,
Each choice has a consequence. Each consequence a destination. 
Whether we think of it in this way or not, we are ALWAYS making choices that affect where our path will take us and who we will be once we get there. With this in mind, the question comes to me, "Where is my path leading? Is it taking me somewhere I want to be? Am I even being true to myself as we go along?"

Water takes the path of least resistance, going wherever there is room for it to run. We people are nearly the same way, usually taking the easiest way to get to our destination. We can choose to allow ourselves to take the easiest path, but we most likely wont like where that path will take us. At the same time, we can't be something we just aren't.


Its a tough line to balance if you over think it.

I honestly don't think that there is an easy answer for being the best we can be while still recognizing that we are going to make mistakes and can't be perfect. I think its gotta be a very personal thing that we do. We just have to constantly recommit ourselves to living on a higher plane, always making the little choices that lift us up over the long run and allow us to direct our lives to the destination we want. Who and where we want to be in five years is a question that most people haven't asked themselves in awhile, even though its impossible to hit the target if you are not even aiming for anything.


The Cheshire Cat once pointed out to Alice after she had asked for help in finding her way that her direction would, "...Depend on where you want to get to". No sooner does she say that it really doesn't matter, then he cuts in saying, "Then it doesn't really matter which way you go!"


See what I'm getting at?

Choose where you want to go. Choose who you want to be. Then, once you have thought long and hard about it, weighing options and putting forth your priorities, pay the price to be who you want to be. Easier said then done, but doable. I am still struggling to make the decision of WHERE I want to be, but I am where I need to be right now and ive made the decision of WHO I want to be. We are all sons and daughters of God, and it is to that standard I try to let my path flow, as Christ invites all of us to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment