Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Christ is speaking in this verse as a follow up to a question: How will one come to know of the Lord? He answers that it will be by and through the power of the Holy Ghost, the Comforter. It is through that same Spirit that the peace Jesus talked about comes to us...

When He says, "Not as the world giveth, give I unto you", it makes me think of all the things we have here. The beauty and the joy to be had in this world... it's beyond exquisite, yes? Yet no matter all the amusement parks in the world, all the money in the banks, and all the serenity that nature has to offer (or whatever else floats your boat), it cannot hold a candle to the peace He offers. Even the greatest of all that is around us pales in comparison to its Master.

After All, He Created It In The First Place

No comments:

Post a Comment